The end

Hello,
this is probably my last post written here in Czech Republic. 
This week, I felt more emotional than I thought I would feel . This place has somehow changed something inside me and given me another view on this world. It has learned me things about others and about myself. 
And what I now feel is gratefulness.
To my family, who has given me this change. 
To my host family, who has been letting me take part in their live without asking anything back.
To my class, where everyone was always friendly and helpful. I haven't been able to make real friends there, but somehow they have showed me that people -, most of the time,- want eachother to be happy. 
To AFS, who accepts everyone from the very first moment. 
The past 3 months were a true rollercoaster of emotions:  loneliness, homesickness, happiness,...
It's something I will never forget.
But after all, I think I'm gonna look at it as a very good thing. At the last weekend, in Prague, the volunteer told us to like 'throw away' the bad moments (not understanding anyone, the feeling that I'm alone in this world, the feeling of not fitting in,...) and take the good ones with us. And now I realise I had some.  It were small things, but they could mean the world for me: a Brazilian girl that hugged me, being invited for class activities, speaking Czech with my class, people who asked me 'Jak se máš' time after time, trying to memorize Czech sentences with a Paraguayan, people who give you compliments,... 
3 months are short and I would advice all the future exchange students to try a year. It's probably even more intense, but I believe it's possible to fit in after some time. And they say it's one of the best moments  you will experience. And I can surely believe that. 
Czech people can sometimes seem distant on the outside, but I think they have a very big heart. I have started to appreciate that. I would like to discover this culture more, but my adventure is coming to an end. But at least, I've had this and like I already said, I'm very grateful for that!
See you back in Belgium!  
Hannah

Reacties

  1. Beautyful Hannah. I wish you a nice and safe trip to home.😘

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. We hebben je blog met super veel interesse gevolgd Hannah !!!
    Maar we zijn nog meer geïnteresseerd om je verhalen 'life' te horen vertellen !!!
    Dus schraap je keel maar voor zaterdag 😉
    Veilige reis terug Hannah 🤗
    Grtjes van ons drie,
    Frank, Kathy en Julie 😘

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oeie...de vertaling klopt niet precies 😂😂😂we zijn wél geïnteresseerd om je verhalen te horen Hanna...!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Beginning of school

It has begun!