Beginning of school

Hey everyone!
The last four days were less 'boring' for me.
Friday evening, I received the news that the welcome picnic would unfortunately not take place due to the bad weather conditions. I was quite dissapointed, but they are already looking for a new date.
Instead of going to the picnic, I have spent some time with my family. First, we visited Elbow. It's a small, but pretty village where films like James Bond were shoot (that's what my host father told me). It has also an ancient look (like I've already mentioned before in a previous post). Then we made a walk through the forrest where we were looking for mushrooms. First, I didn't know which ones were edable and which ones weren't. But after some time, I was able to find some.
That same evening we went to Karlsberg where a light festival was hold. It's touristic, but can also be very cosy. In the evening, it made me think of cities like Rome. The light festival itself was also very well done.
At sunday, it was the birthday of my host brother Viktor. In the afternoon, his aunt, uncle and cousin came and we ate cake together. It's also difficult to talk to them, because they don't speak English or German as well.
Monday, I was happy school would finally begin. It didn't take longer than 1 hour, but I got to know the class a little bit. I discovered it was a very artistic class! Some seemed to be happy to hear that I also like music, but I must say I feel a little bit like a beginner next to them. Today, we had the permission to have a 'class concert' and they are very good! Some even have already written their own songs. They asked me if I could also play a piece (because I had said I play the piano and the guitare the day before), but I was only able to play the beginning of 'imagine'. But they were nice.
The first day, I was invited to go drink something with them (it's a tradition they hold every year at the beginning  of a new school year), but I couldn't understand much 😅.
Someone also warned me then that the seniors would come to me the next day to paint on my face. It's also a tradition.
And so it happened. I had some drawings, but there were pupils that had much worse.

Tomorrow will be my first full day. I hope this will help me to speak Czech language better. I will see!
Greetings from Czech Republic!

Reacties

  1. Oooh hannahtje en geen foto van de drawings on your face? ;-).......spijtig dat de picknick niet doorging maar je hebt het nog tegoed he ......dikke dikke knuffel.....het zal toch een fantastische ervaring zijn !!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hannahtje mijn reactie komt altijd dubbel.....dus verwijder ik 1 reactie.... :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hannahtje mijn reactie komt altijd dubbel.....dus verwijder ik 1 reactie.... :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hoe is het ondertussen op school Hannah ?
    Grtjes,
    Kathy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Goed: het kan wat moeilijk zijn door de taal, maar de andere leerlingen helpen me vaak 😊

      Verwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

It has begun!