It has begun!

Friday morning, my adventure had begun!  Me, my mum and my sister went to the airport where I would leave at 10am . So at 8.30am, we were drinking a coffee or a fruit juice when my sister suddenly saw my flight was delayed! We rebooked and my new departure time was at 16.30pm. I didn't like it at all! I was ready to say goodbye, and then it all changed. We decided to visit Brussels and eat French fries for the last time. After all, it was a nice way to end my summer in Belgium. We went back to the airport and after still an hour of retardation,  I could finally leave! The flight itself was not that long, but I was getting a little bit afraid of what would happen next. But when I arrived, that feeling quickly changed.  I had heard that Czech  people could be really distant, but they instantly hugged me.  Normally, I'm really shy, but when I am nervous, I can actually be very talkactive.  And it was the perfect moment for that to happen! I like talked to people of Hong Kong, Brasilia, Italy, Paraguay,... Only the bus trip was already a world that opened up for me!  
The first thing that was remarkable was the nature: much nature, like almost everywhere! I think Czech Republic also has an ancient look at first sight what I find very beautiful.
At camp, we did the kind of activities I also did at my AFS-camps in Belgium. They explained us the rules, we talked about our fears and expectations,...
I liked the camp so much I already found it    hard to leave. But I was off course also curious about my host family.
They were very nice and they also hugged me (what I again didn't expect). The problem was that after a day speaking of only English, I had to speak German. I had some problems with communication. The car drive took 3 hours and it was really hot weather. We also have been in a traffic jam. It was a long journey, but I am very thankful to my family they wanted to pick me up ( they also could let me come in a bus instead). The communication bettered, so I was able to talk more. It's still difficult though, but it's possible. Sometimes, it just can take 5 minutes to say something simple.
Now, it's sunday morning and we are going to visit my school and explore the village. I'm very curious!
Wish me luck!!!

Reacties

  1. Good luck Hannah! Believe in yourself!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hannah we volgen je avonturen op de voet!!Het wordt vast en zeker onvergetelijk !!
    Good luck!!
    groetjes
    Tante Claudine en Nonkel Koen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Zoooooo leuk om te lezen!!! Geniet!!! Veel grtjs van ons allemaal !! Ook van opa en oma!!! Xxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Lots of succes, Hannah ! It will be a great experience !!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Dag Hannah,
    Ik lees met véél plezier je avonturen op je blog !!
    Je stelt het precies heel goed, leuk om te lezen!!!
    Geniet van alles wat op je afkomt !!
    Lieve groetjes van ons drie,
    Kathy Frank en Julie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Beginning of school