Last weeks

Hello!
Time is flying: 2 weeks ago, I realised I am here already for more than 2 months. It's crazy. I haven't seen my family or friends for more than an entire summer vacation. Now that there are only 2 weeks left, I unbelievably long to see them again. I'm tired of feeling alone: I want to be again with someone who knows me. Here, people can be friendly or helpful, but I always am afraid I do something wrong and that they don't like me because of that. They don't know me and I've learned it takes a while to get to know me. So, maybe if I would stay for a year, it would work out, but I don't. I'm only here for 3 months and there's not much time left anymore.
2 weeks ago, there was an International Dinner for people of my chapter. I made 'Stoofvlees' to represent my country. Also the other meals were very good!
Friday, the 17th of november, there was no school. It's a special date for Czech Republic. In the year 1939, students of Prague protested because the student Jan Opletal was shot during a demonstration against the nazis. As a result, they closed all schools and universities in Prague and send thousand of students to concentration camps. On the 17th of november, nine students were executed. But also very important is that exactly 50 years later on the same date, students again held a protestation against communism and from that day, it was banned. My music teacher told me that a remarkable fact was that no one died during this protest.
So, i had a long weekend again and I went to visit some villages with my family.
Saturday,  me and the other trimester students will visit Prague and then I will have to make my bags to end this exchange in Brussels camp!

Reacties

  1. Liefste Hannah, uw afs-uitwisseling is voor ons allemaal een groot avontuur geweest, niet in het minst voor jou zelf! We zijn supertrots op jou dat jij dit hebt aangedurft en we zijn er zeker van dat je heel veel zult hebben opgestoken van jouw "ervaring"! Maar nu zijn we ook de dagen aan het aftellen tot je weer thuis bij ons bent...Dikke knuffel van je mama, papa, kleine zus (die je ook mist!) en je loopmaatje, Jamie!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. We miss you so much. It"s time to come home, dear Hannah.(text without dt faults).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. ik wil dat stoofvlees ook wel eens proeven 😀😀😀....😉😉😉.....dikke knuffel en tot 9 december xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Beginning of school

It has begun!