Here I am again to disturb you with a short summary of my little 'adventures'.
Let's start to say that the weeks after my previous post weren't the most difficult ones for me, but certainly the most confusing. First, I had (like I said) a camp. There was unbelievable much fun: we played games, talked about our families and school, learned things to eachother about our countries,... etc. I felt relieved that there were people that felt the same way I did. Sometimes, you would forget that and you would think you're the only one in the world who's doing this.
But at the other side, it was also hard for me. Most students stay for a year and I realised I would propably never experience this exchange fully. I simply don't have enough time to do that. So, sunday I came home in the evening and the next morning, I immediately went to school again and I felt bad. It was so weird: I wanted to stay longer, to get more time to get used here, but at the same time, I wanted to see my family, friends, dog,... again. I wanted to hug them, because it really felt like I needed it. That desperate feeling went away, but still the thought of 'leaving in the middle' hurts. I always thought 3 months would be enough for me, to have just a kind of extended holiday where you make fun by making new friends and learning about their culture. But it's not: it's a new life where you have to start all over again. Everything I have once done in my life, I must repeat.
At the camp, one volunteer (who is from the Netherlands, so I can speak Dutch with him: very weird fact, I discovered I found it difficult to not speak English anymore!) told us that many countries are given a stereotype: we give its population a kind of character by reading a book, watching a film, hearing stories,... and we don't wanna believe it can be different also. And I realised I also think a lot like that. I always saw people from other countries (especially other continents) as people I would never be related to: nice to meet, but nothing more.  But at the camp, I came to notice that they are also just people who,-despite their other way of living, culture-, can feel the same way as I do. They look like me in some way. It's nice to feel connected to people because you are all trying and doing the same.
So, like I already said , it was hard when I came back. I had only 2 days of school before I went with my family to Italy: Riva del Garda.
My mother in Belgium loves Italy and we have been there already many times, so it felt kind of normal to me. But it's another family, it's a little bit weird to do total other stuff: we walked much in the mountains 😂. Very warm weather: for some time, I could wear shorts again!
Since last sunday, I'm back. There were big storms here, but don't worry, I'm still okay! 😊
Na shledanou!

Reacties

  1. elaba 😉 you dont disturb us hoor met jouw blog ...we lezen dat steeds met heeeeel veeel plezier....dikke knuffel uit passendale xxxxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oooh Hannah, wat is het fijn al je avonturen te lezen...zo mooi en echt geschreven, recht uit het hart ...we leven hier allen met je mee en we zijn onder de indruk hoe je het allemaal aanpakt! Het gaat inderdaad super snel...dus genieten nog met volle teugen!! Veeeeel plezier nog en veel groetjes van ons allemaal X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. We're all human regardless of identity and culture, and travel makes us realise this more than anything else. That's why it's invaluable and important. Very nicely written Hannah!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. De mogelijkheid zit er in dat men je binnen enkele jaren " the traveling lady " zal noemen. God spaar me daarvan. Stay a while at home , please.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Beginning of school

It has begun!