AT THE HALF OF MY EXCHANGE!!!!

Hello!
I have the feeling time is going faster and faster. You go to school, visit places, make long promenades,... and before you know, you are already at the half! Yes, it's true,  after this week I will have as much to do as I will have done yet.
It's weird to say that this exchange isn't exactly what I thought it would be, but it doesn't leave me unsatisfied. Now I don't have the normal rush I would have in Belgium and have almost all afternoon free, I have the feeling I've become calmer within.  I enjoy more the little things like reading a book, listening music, playing the piano,...
I don't have the stress I normally have in Belgium. Sometimes,  it just happens I forget to learn for a test and I still get a 1 or 2 (1 is best, 5 is worst). This is not mean to boast,  but I've realised that our education level is actually quite high. But off course I'm not saying it's not good here. At some point, it seems students know better what they want to do. They can choose lessons to prepare themselves for their next studies.
Two weeks ago (when I had 4 days free), I went to Horoviče to attend an AFS-picnic. My parents couldn't bring me, so I took the train. Another fact: I have the feeling I'm growing more independent.  A year ago, I would flip if I had to take a train and change once all by my own. Now, I did it in Czech Republic and changed trains twice. When I arrived in Horoviče, I  still had to find the school where the picnic was hold by asking several people. Here it's usual elder people don't speak English, so I had to do it in Czech. But I managed it and I found the rest! Okay, I'm quite proud of it 😊.
I stayed that night with a girl from Hong Kong, because it was already too late to catch a train that would lead back home. It's quite weird to sleep again in another house of people you haven't even heard of a week before. But they were very nice to me and they said I could come any time I want. So, after we went ice skating,  I went back home, to Sokolov.
A normal week passed, in which my class teacher decided to let the other pupils of my class ask me questions I had to answer. Off course in Czech. I didn't always understand it at first time, but it went quite well. I was happy I could practise it a little bit that way. I think they also liked it and propably found it a little bit funny 😏.
Last weekend, we went to Prague to visit the Charles Bridge, Prague Castle,...
We went early, because my family doesn't like busy places. The same afternoon, we went to the public garden of the president and I noticed they enjoyed it much more. I can understand that, but I'm glad I have at least seen Prague!
Next weekend will an AFS-camp find place in Loutí. I really can't wait to see the others and know how they are doing!
This week, my host father told me we would also get to Italy in fall break!
For the rest, I don't know what will happen, but I'll see. That's also a nice thing: you live more in the moment, taking everything that comes your way.
Cya!

Reacties

  1. jaaaaaa die wandelschoenen zullen echt wel versleten zijn 😀😀.....time flies he Hannah(tje)......leuk te lezen dat je inderdaad leert te leven "in"..en te genieten "van" het moment....
    Iedereen zou dat meer moeten doen....een belangrijke levensles die jij nu al leert...
    oja en wij wilden jou ook komen halen hoor 😀😀😉😉
    Veeeeel knuffels uit passendale xxxxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Beginning of school

It has begun!